Others

 

ICACROA     ICACROA     ICACROA     ICACROA     ICACROA     ICACROA     ICACROA

 

 

 

Instinctive actions without thought can be disastrous.

This is a shocking episode that actually happened recently in Pune.  It's a useful lesson in safety for all of us to remember.  This is a real life story that I heard : A lady died due to burns sustained in the kitchen.

 

 

The gas stove was on, cooking under process.  The lady observed some cockroaches near the sink and grabbed a can of insect repellent and sprayed it on, near the gas stove, which was on/burning.  There was an explosion and in no time the poor woman was covered in flames, sustained 65% burns.  Her husband rushed in, tried to douse the flames and his clothes too caught fire.  The husband is still in hospital, in the burns ward, but unaware that his wife has succumbed, declared 'dead on arrival'.

 

It appears that insect repellents such as "Hit", "Mortein" etc. are inflammable, due to the 'propellant' they use in the Aerosols.  Thus their nano-particles in the surrounding air spread fire very rapidly.  Did the poor lady realise the hazard involved?  Apparently not !

 

Spread the word around.... who knows you may help save more than one life...

 

 

 
 Last modified    最近更新 :      2011年09月10日